Victoria University Library regularly mounts exhibitions that showcase materials found in the library’s collections. Exhibitions are generally mounted in the display cases in the front lobby and reading room of the E.J. Pratt Library, or are displayed in various parts of the main floor.
- Canada 150: A VIC Celebration
E.J. Pratt Library | February 21 to March 31, 2017
- Virginia Woolf Around The World
An exhibition of translations in honour of the author's 135th birthday
E.J. Pratt Library | January 12 to February 17, 2017
- Burning Bright: The Bentley Blake Collection Today
An Exhibition of Recent Acquisitions
E.J. Pratt Library | November 3 to December 1, 2016
- Illustrated Classics of Children's Literature
Hoeniger Book Collection Prize 2015 Winner, Andreea Marin
- History of Science Education at Victoria College, 1836–1892: A 2015 Science Literacy Week Exhibit
The exhibit, curated by librarians Agatha Barc and Colin Deinhardt, showcases items from the library’s special collections, Canadiana and Victoriana. Education in the natural sciences (including courses in chemistry, physics, mineralogy, astronomy and other subjects) was an essential part of Victoria’s curriculum between 1836 and 1892, when the College federated with the University of Toronto. Items on display include course calendars as well as books, photographs, and brief life sketches of prominent science faculty (Eugene Haanel, A.P. Coleman, and John Beatty) and graduates (Augusta Stowe-Gullen, Nellie Greenwood), among other treasures.
- Twentieth-Century European History Book Collection
Hoeniger Book Collection Prize 2014 Winner, Matthew Korda
- Victoria University and the War: Commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the Great War (1914–1918)
Includes correspondence, photographs and other material from the Victoria University Archives and Special Collections relating to the war time activities of students, alumni and faculty, as well as the University’s recognition of their sacrifices.The exhibit features the Victoria Cross awarded to Captain Thain W. MacDowell dated 9
- Virginia Woolf @ 132: An Exhibition of New Acquisitions to Honour the Author’s Birthday. Jan 17 – Feb 28, 2014.
Highlights include hand printed books and an original wooden plaque from the Hogarth Press, as well as a book that was hand bound by Virginia Woolf herself.
- Memorabilia and photos from the Victoria University Archives to celebrate Spring Reunion, May 31–June 2, 2013.
- Ancient Philosophy Book Collection
Hoeniger Book Collection Prize 2012 Winner, Patricia Sacawa
- Northrop Frye @ 100: A Centenary Exhibition
- A.P. Coleman: Geologist, Explorer (1852–1939)—Science, Art & Discovery
- Canadian Poetry’s Coming of Age: 1965–1990
Hoeniger Book Collection Prize 2011 Winner, Andrew McEwan
- Homosexualities at the Crossroads: A Latin American View on the Homosexual Experience. Hoeniger Book Collection Prize 2010 Winner, David Fernández.
- Blake In Our Time: A Symposium Celebrating the Future of Blake Studies & the Legacy of G.E. Bentley Jr. (Podcasts & Exhibition. August 2010)
- Nineteenth-Century British Literary Annuals: An Online Exhibition of Materials from the University of Toronto by Lindsey Eckert
- Romantic Diversity: An Exhibit from the 16th Annual NASSR Conference
- Virginia and Co.: An Exhibition for Virginia Woolf’s 125th Birthday
- William Blake and His Contemporaries: An Exhibition Selected from the Bentley Collection at Victoria University
- George Baxter (1804–1867): A Bicentenary Exhibition of Prints and Illustrations
- Celebrating Memory and Mission: John Wesley at 300
- A Century of Women in Residence at Vic
- Northrop Frye: Scholar, critic and humanist
- Graphic Works of Claire Pratt
- Canadian Heritage at Victoria University Library
- Paris 1968: Icônes de la révolution / Icons of Revolution—A Poster Exhibition
- Ephemera From the Age of Victoria
- Bloomsbury: Books, Art and Design
- T.E. Lawrence and the Book: Seven Pillars of Wisdom 1926–1996
- Colour Prints by George Baxter (1804–1867)
- Library and Archival Exhibitions on the Web: a Project of the Smithsonian Institution Libraries
A searchable database of online exhibitions that have been created by libraries, archives, historical societies, and museums where the online exhibitions have a significant focus on library and archival materials.