About the Friends of
Victoria University Library
We are alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends who share an active interest in the well–being of the heartbeat of Vic—its magnificent libraries.
We are made up of people who:
- Support the collections, activities and goals of the library.
- Believe in the value of the library as a major academic resource for the preservation and transmission of knowledge.
- Are interested in books, manuscripts and other means of recording and communicating information.
- Recognize the vital role the library plays in learning, teaching and research activities in the life of the Vic community.
- See What We Do
Since our inception in 1991, we have undertaken a variety of initiatives:
- Launched in 1992, the Victoria College Book Sale is Vic’s largest annual volunteer fundraising event, which to date has generated over $1.5 million for the library.
- Scholarships and bursaries have been created to support Vic students.
- Lectures are delivered annually by a host of interesting speakers, including writers, artists, scientists, historians and others.
- Tours of various Toronto literary collections take place.
- Film screenings, receptions and other social events are organized.
- See What's Happening in 2016–2017
Benefits of our membership:
- Help further the library’s goals through the annual book sale and other fundraising events.
- Enjoy members–only special functions.
- Participate in library events and exhibits.
- Assist in the organization of our group.
- And know that you make a difference in the life of the Vic community!
- Join Us Now!
T (416)585–4585 or (416)585–4471
#10817 3436 RR0001